Back to News
Posted on 3 Mar 2020
The symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a cough
- a high temperature
- shortness of breath
These symptoms do not necessarily mean you have the illness.
The symptoms are similar to other illnesses that are much more common, such as cold and flu.
Call 111 now if you've been:
- to Hubei province in China in the last 14 days
- to Iran or areas of northern Italy in lockdown or "special care zone" areas in South Korea since 19 February 2020
- to other parts of mainland China or South Korea, Thailand, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia or Macau in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath
- to other parts of northern Italy (anywhere north of Pisa, Florence and Rimini), Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos or Myanmar since 19 February and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath
- in close contact with someone with confirmed coronavirus
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Call 111, stay indoors and avoid close contact with other people.
Lockdown areas in northern Italy
Special care zones in South Korea
for more information visit: